Question Where can I find Gigabyte B450M Gaming motherboard circuit diagram?

kanewolf

Titan
So guys, I urgently need the electrical schematic for this board, I have a faulty component, but I can't handle it because of that, would any of you have it? grateful in advance. (Photo below)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gig...Q&biw=1366&bih=657&dpr=1#imgrc=OprfSrPZRWISaM

You can figure out the schematic by analyzing the block diagrams of AM4 board architecture. Maybe not in detail, but generally well enough to understand what interconnects will exist on the board. No schematic will give you insight into how the traces run inside the board itself though.

What faulty component do you have on your board?

Jan 26, 2022
You can figure out the schematic by analyzing the block diagrams of AM4 board architecture. Maybe not in detail, but generally well enough to understand what interconnects will exist on the board. No schematic will give you insight into how the traces run inside the board itself though.

What faulty component do you have on your board?
I really don't know, because I was using the pc and I felt a burning smell and it turned off, when I opened it to look there was a chip between the cpu and gpu burst

Jan 26, 2022
Yep. That goes back to my FRU comment above. Motherboards are replace rather than repair.
It is possible the damage is from something that is not covered by warranty. But the manufacturer is the place to start. See if you can get an RMA.
yes, but i bought it in another country and gigabyte told me that only the people there can solve it, i live in brazil and i imported from china, but the product is new.

Jan 26, 2022
and deeper into the symptoms, my pc shut down once after the burning smell, i turned it off and waited, turned it on again and when i opened a heavy program and the smell came back again and again the pc turned off, after that the cpu cooler did not want no longer run, and then the gpu cooler doesn't either, I believe it's something related to the functionality of these two components

and deeper into the symptoms, my pc shut down once after the burning smell, i turned it off and waited, turned it on again and when i opened a heavy program and the smell came back again and again the pc turned off, after that the cpu cooler did not want no longer run, and then the gpu cooler doesn't either, I believe it's something related to the functionality of these two components
If connected correctly, the CPU cooler fan is run by a controller on the motherboard and the GPU cooler fan is run by a controller on the GPU. They may both source +12V power from motherboard but I don't know how they could use the same controller. So this suggests two completely different circuits failed in a similar fashion and close in time.

My suspicions are falling on your PSU at this point. It may be failing, putting out a very high +12V and slowly taking components with it. Even if it is, just replacing it isn't likely to fix the fan controllers on those parts but you might could work around them by connecting to +12V elsewhere.

What model and how old is the PSU? Actually, what are total system specs: cpu, psu, gpu, cooling in particular.

And check the board carefully, looking for blackened or burnt components. Take pictures of them and upload them if possible.

Last edited: