Question Where can I find MS Update KB4454174?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2024
As I attempt to rebuild this Win 7 machine, I decided to change the graphics card. But when I go to install the Driver for it, it is coming up with an error with "procedure entry point setdefaultdlldirectories could not be located" having something to do with the kernel32.dll file. As I google to find out how to fix this, some offer the suggestion to finding update KB4454174 to fix this as there were some issues with this file in the past that this update fixes. I know I am horrible in keeping my OS up to date so I don't have this update and thi driver needs whatever this update fixes. So where can I find this update OR what can I do to install the driver.

I'm running Windows 7-64 professional and the Graphics card is an MSI Gaming GeForce GT1030 4GB card.

Thanks.

Ken L

Solution
That's not an existing update file.

There are similar versions of it, which could also resolve the issue. For a fact that your "KB4454174" Update patches something related to the kernel32.dll, the future versions of that, which are available online should also contain the patched version.

KB4457144 is the most similar one I could find. Download it here

I assume you referred to this Microsoft thread, and it suggested downloading the KB4454174 update?
If you look closer at the two names, the non-existing update and the one I found, they are very similar, but the numbers '4' and '7' have been switched. I assume that the person who answered that question on Microsoft Community made a mistake.

Good...

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
That's not an existing update file.

There are similar versions of it, which could also resolve the issue. For a fact that your "KB4454174" Update patches something related to the kernel32.dll, the future versions of that, which are available online should also contain the patched version.

KB4457144 is the most similar one I could find. Download it here

I assume you referred to this Microsoft thread, and it suggested downloading the KB4454174 update?
If you look closer at the two names, the non-existing update and the one I found, they are very similar, but the numbers '4' and '7' have been switched. I assume that the person who answered that question on Microsoft Community made a mistake.

Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.