[SOLVED] Where can I find specifications for Dell E6440 laptop mainboards by serial number?

Sardo_Numpsa

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
I am looking to replace the mainboard in my Dell E6440. I have a few criteria:

1. Must have video resolution of at least 1600x900 ( believe this is max).
  2. Needs to be compatible with my current CPU and would like to know the highest spec CPU the board can take as I may upgrade in future.

Looking at eBay there is very little detail provided on the boards available apart from serial number. Googling the serial number returns boards for sale on various sites but nowhere I can look up the the specifications.

Some examples of the serial numbers:

LA-9931P
LA-9932P
LA-9933P
LA-9414P

Any ideas on where/how I can get information on these boards?

Solution
Most Dell Laptops have a service tag number on the bottom. You can plug this in to Dell support and get a list of specifications as sent out from the factory.

I believe the fastest chip for that socket is the i7-4800MQ. There are other 4th gen chips, but they are almost exclusively BGA and not socketed.

As for motherboard specs, maybe Dell whitepapers, but it won't be easy to track down.

Video resolution can vary between models, but they should share the same connector and all have cross compatible screens. Doesn't hurt to shop around, might find yourself a nice 1080p panel.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Most Dell Laptops have a service tag number on the bottom. You can plug this in to Dell support and get a list of specifications as sent out from the factory.

I believe the fastest chip for that socket is the i7-4800MQ. There are other 4th gen chips, but they are almost exclusively BGA and not socketed.

As for motherboard specs, maybe Dell whitepapers, but it won't be easy to track down.

Video resolution can vary between models, but they should share the same connector and all have cross compatible screens. Doesn't hurt to shop around, might find yourself a nice 1080p panel.

Reactions: Sardo_Numpsa
Solution

Sardo_Numpsa

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015

Good intel, thank you.

TRENDING THREADS