Where can i get a circuit for finger print storage system

bhulakshmi

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
i am doing a mini project on fingerprint based student attendance system.
i this regard i am unable to find a circuit for this especially for storage system.
i want a circuit for storing the fingerprints of nearly 50-100 students.
can u help me in anyway possible.

bhulakshmi

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
yes its a mini project
ya what i exactly want is a hardware scanner capable of storing 50-100 finger prints
is there any hardware equipment for converting pictures from pixels to either binary or gray codes
orelse i should go for matlab and all using software :(

Maybe there is a dedicated device like that, but it seems to me that a simple laptop and USB fingerprint scanner would do the job.

There shouldn't be a second conversion process involved, the scanning software should take care of how the image is recorded. And, while my programming training is old and never that good, it seems to me that if the software is not instantly available it's very simple to create or re-create.

bhulakshmi

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

Scanners in general can capture very little information if you tell them to. I used to scan "as line art" all the time back when memory was expensive.

I think any USB fingerprint scanner will do the job, and some small device that can host USB and a flash card, like an Android device, could control and store it. And flash cards can have quite a bit of storage capacity.

Maybe I'm missing the point of this exercise though.