Question Where can i get a get a Sata SSD smaller than a 2.5 drive?

santinoraul3388

Reputable
Jun 26, 2018
I want to get a small SATA ssd but i want it to be smaller than a 2.5 inch drive and i don't want to get a pci-e to m.2 adapter, i don't really care about storage size, 120 or 64gb is fine

You can't. That's all there is. There are 3.5", 2.5" and M.2 (Both SATA and PCI). That's it. There is no 2" or 1.5". 2.5" is the smallest non-M.2 consumer drive size on the market. There are some 2.5" drives that are thinner or thicker, but there are none with a smaller footprint.

Reactions: Supahos
That's true, and I don't really think about those because it's a mostly dead technology that never took off and nobody much uses. I would not however buy one off Ebay. Too many instances of the manufacturer not being willing to honor warranties on Ebay purchased electronics due to sellers not being authorized dealers of those electronics. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. I wouldn't buy ANY hardware component, especially a storage device or graphics card, without a warranty that is unquestionable.

This is an option then, if you want to look at those, but as mentioned you'd have the additional expense of adapters as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Storage: Intel - 320 Series 80 GB 1.8" Solid State Drive ($77.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $77.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-25 21:43 EST-0500

Honestly, unless there is a VERY compelling reason to need a drive that small, I'd buy a 2.5" SSD. Those small drives tend to have issues.

TRENDING THREADS