[SOLVED] Where can I get this and more official Wallpaper packs?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Two questions:

1. Where can I get this wallpaper? See attached image, this isn't downloaded by me, so it should have came with Windows, but it appears in the lock screen by itself, I'd like to set it as working screen but I am unable to find out where it is located
ME5V82U_o.jpg

2. Where can I get official wallpaper packs by Microsoft? I'm unable to figure out how to do it within Windows display setting

Microsoft actually downloads pictures regularly to throw on your lock screen. It's powered by Bing(tm)

In any case, they're saved to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets (Copy and paste this in your file explorer). You'll have to copy and paste the files somewhere else, then add ".jpg" to all of them though.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

The lock screen has a new wallpaper now, does it mean the one I want has gone for good now? Are they still hidden somewhere or just deleted automatically?

Where can I get more wallpapers with resolution and size designed for lock screen and working screen? Did the link you provided by Microsoft?

gardenman

Splendid
That looks like something you might see on twitter. Click the small image on the left, then you can save it.

Not including Microsoft, there's plenty of wallpaper sites out there. Be careful on them, they often try to push software to you that contains spyware or other nonsense that you don't want. Just download the images and nothing else.

Reactions: brannsiu

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
That looks like something you might see on twitter. Click the small image on the left, then you can save it.

Not including Microsoft, there's plenty of wallpaper sites out there. Be careful on them, they often try to push software to you that contains spyware or other nonsense that you don't want. Just download the images and nothing else.

Wow, thanks so much, how could you search for that picture? Is there any reliable sources without spyware offering kinds of wallpaper like that?

gardenman

Splendid
how could you search for that picture?
I can't remember the exact steps that I did earlier. But here's an example of how to use the reverse images lookup on Google search.

First I saved a square of your picture and removed the edges. It was something like this:
gK7YL6o.jpg

I then went to Google Image search:
https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en
I dragged and dropped the above image onto the Google Search box.

I clicked on "windows spotlight images castle snow village".
I clicked on "Images" near the top.
You'll see the pinterest link with the picture that you want.

I think I then saved that pinterest picture, re-uploaded it to Google Images and finally found the one on Twitter, if I remember right.

You just need to know how to use the reverse image lookup like that and you'll eventually find what you're looking for.

Is there any reliable sources without spyware offering kinds of wallpaper like that?
I'm sure there are. Maybe someone else will chime in with one.

Reactions: brannsiu

Colif

Win 11 Master
The lock screen has a new wallpaper now, does it mean the one I want has gone for good now? Are they still hidden somewhere or just deleted automatically?
From looking at my folder with them in it, I have to assume they are always there, just not chosen. I have 27 images in
This PC > C: > Users > [Your User Name] > AppData > Local > Packages > Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy > LocalState > Assets
but they don't show as JPG unless you copy them elsewhere and rename them as jpg.

I get my desktop wallpapers & lockscreens from http://digitalblasphemy.com/ but they not free. I been using same website for almost 20 years now.