Where can I purchase a windows 7 pro product key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camkel

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
I got windows 7 re-installed on my computer at a pc repair shop, and it says i need to activate windows with the product key, but I don't have one since they installed it at a shop. Is there a way I can purchase a product key, or will I have to purchase windows 7 all over again?

And if I don't activate it, what will happen?

Solution
If a shop reloaded windows on your computer, they should have activated it. If they put on windows 7 and you had no product key, they are in violation of Microsoft's COA and should probably be investigated. I run a computer shop and all the computers must have a key if we are to work on them.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
If a shop reloaded windows on your computer, they should have activated it. If they put on windows 7 and you had no product key, they are in violation of Microsoft's COA and should probably be investigated. I run a computer shop and all the computers must have a key if we are to work on them.

Solution

Camkel

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

I thought it seemed weird that it asked me to activate the product key. Then does that mean I should also just purchase an installation disk from a store or online that way I can be able to activate Microsoft properly, and if I do that will I lose the things I installed like photoshop or any of my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.