where can I see my Temporary Files, listed on Disk Cleanup, windows 7 x64

OneEnchanted

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I have been deleting my Temporary Internet Files AND MY Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup, thinking that this is safe. Usually the sizes of these are only a few MB.

Today the size of my Temporary Files are 3.26 GB. I am wondering where I can see these files, and if they are safe to delete. The Disk Cleanup does not give me that option. I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Help !!! and Thank You ahead of time !!!

Solution
Some programs create temporary files and then leave them behind - they do not delete them. This can happen because the program crashed or the developer of the program simply forgot to add the code needed to delete the temporary files after the program is done with them. The temporary files left behind can accumulate over time and consume a lot of disk space.

so delete those temp file and increase your C drive space and make your pc a bit fast......

OneEnchanted

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014

Hi prit87, Thanks, I finally found "run", it is not in the list of the Start subjects, when I press on the start button, but I had seen it there once on a different computer a very long time ago. So I pressed Start, and decided to type "run" in the box, and when it searched, it brought up, in the list, one program called "run". So I clicked on that, and it brought up something having to do with "Temp Files" which I clicked on, and a list of my Temp files did come up. I am a newbie, a real newbie newbie, and sometimes, and don't know how to do the simplest of things.

The size of the Temp Files in Disk Cleanup was 3.26 GB. But the total size of my Temp Files when I looked at the list of them, the way you told me to do, is 10.9 GB. What does this mean? Also, when I look the list over, I cannot tell what most of it is, the letters and numbers just look foreign to me. How do I know what I can get rid of and what I can't? I don't want to delete anything important. Thanks again...

Some programs create temporary files and then leave them behind - they do not delete them. This can happen because the program crashed or the developer of the program simply forgot to add the code needed to delete the temporary files after the program is done with them. The temporary files left behind can accumulate over time and consume a lot of disk space.

so delete those temp file and increase your C drive space and make your pc a bit fast......

Solution