Question where could i find a 300 watt or 400 watt power supply for my dell optiplex 7010 DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
where could i find a 300 watt or 400 watt power supply for my dell optiplex 7010 DT

It looks like a 7010 DT uses a standard ATX12V power supply.

Why does it have to be 300~400W, though? A PC only loads a PSU as much as needed, and these days, the tech needed to make a 450~550W PSU doesn't tend to be much cheaper than a lower wattage unit, which is why so few exist. Why make a 350W when the cost of parts is the same as making a 550W?

It looks like a 7010 DT uses a standard ATX12V power supply.

Why does it have to be 300~400W, though? A PC only loads a PSU as much as needed, and these days, the tech needed to make a 450~550W PSU doesn't tend to be much cheaper than a lower wattage unit, which is why so few exist. Why make a 350W when the cost of parts is the same as making a 550W?
Pretty sure the DT is the SFF desktop model with the long, tiny rectangular power supply. The MT model is a midtower and uses a standard ATX that is upgradeable. I don't think there's an upgrade for the DT. All replacements I saw were 240 watts whether they were made by Dell or another company.

Reactions: RealBeast

RealBeast

Titan
Pretty sure the DT is the SFF desktop model with the long, tiny rectangular power supply. The MT model is a midtower and uses a standard ATX that is upgradeable. I don't think there's an upgrade for the DT. All replacements I saw were 240 watts whether they were made by Dell or another company.
Agreed, it is a proprietary looking SFF -- there are loads of them on EBay with good pictures that show the distinct shape.

I don't know about the reliability of those units, but I have used the Seasonic SS-300TFX 300 Watt PSU on the Dell Optiplex 7010 DT.
By the way I have installed both the GTX 1050ti and the GTX 1650 without replacing the Dell 250W (D250AD-01) PSU.
The included Dell PSU is a lot better than no-brand name 350-400W PSU.

I meant the power connectors.

So many Dells have a proprietary power connector.

Worst case, OP can buy a new case and power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.