Question Where data goes after Eviction from cache set in case of Intel Core i3/i7

Mar 23, 2020
he L1/L2 cache are inclusive in Intel and L1 / L2 cache is 8 way associativity, means in a set there are 8 different cache lines exist. The cache lines are operated as a whole, means if I want to remove few bytes from a cache line, the whole cache line will be removed , not the only those bytes which I want to remove. Am I right ?
Now, my question is whenever a cache line of a set is removed/evicted from cache, either by some other process or by using clflush(manual eviction of a cache line/block ), does system store the evicted data of that cache line somewhere (in any buffer, register etc), so that next time it can load the data from that place to reduce the latency as compared to loading the data from main memory or higher level of cache, OR it ALWAYS simply invalidate the data in cache and next time loaded the data from next higher level.

he L1/L2 cache are inclusive in Intel and L1 / L2 cache is 8 way associativity, means in a set there are 8 different cache lines exist. The cache lines are operated as a whole, means if I want to remove few bytes from a cache line, the whole cache line will be removed , not the only those bytes which I want to remove. Am I right ?
Now, my question is whenever a cache line of a set is removed/evicted from cache, either by some other process or by using clflush(manual eviction of a cache line/block ), does system store the evicted data of that cache line somewhere (in any buffer, register etc), so that next time it can load the data from that place to reduce the latency as compared to loading the data from main memory or higher level of cache, OR it ALWAYS simply invalidate the data in cache and next time loaded the data from next higher level.
Works at FIFO (First in, first Out) principle