[SOLVED] Where do I buy a re-pasting kit for my Vega 64 GPU?

MarkJohnson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I am selling my Dell AMD Vega 64 GPU. It currently has a water block on it. I still have the original Dell blower cooler for it, but it has been bouncing around in my closet for over 3-years, so pad are dinged up and need replacing.

My problem, is I can't find a kit with all of the pads and stuff that I need to redo it.

Does anyone sell re-pasting kits for this card? It seems like it should be a thing, but I can't seem to find one.

Or, maybe someone can advise me to what exact pads and the like, that I need to get the stock cooler back on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
-=Mark=-

Solution
Generally you just get pads and cut them to size. Then redo the paste with the same kind you'd use for a CPU. My preferred paste is Arctic MX-4. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better but only slightly and the price difference is usually noticeable.

Definitely second measuring the thermal pads. As thickness varies. When it doubt. Slightly too thick is better than too thin.
Generally you just get pads and cut them to size. Then redo the paste with the same kind you'd use for a CPU. My preferred paste is Arctic MX-4. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better but only slightly and the price difference is usually noticeable.

Definitely second measuring the thermal pads. As thickness varies. When it doubt. Slightly too thick is better than too thin.

Solution

MarkJohnson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Well, after looking at them more carefully, they aren't even pads. They are like a thick paste cut into thin squares and they are squished out. I don't know how to measure them accurately. I mean they are thin. And some spots, the pads are recessed into groves cut out in the heatsink.