[SOLVED] Where do I connect my GPU cable fan to? (I'm a beginner)

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, I am building my first gaming PC. I have two fan cables I need to connect. One of them is from the case, which I heard goes to the motherboard. The second one is my graphics card fan. The graphic card I have is a ASUS ROG Strix Raedeon RX 5700 Overclocked Triple Fan. My motherboard is a PRIME X470-Pro AM4 ATX AMD. My power supply is a EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX. Please help, I don't know where to connect these two fans.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Hi, I am building my first gaming PC. I have two fan cables I need to connect. One of them is from the case, which I heard goes to the motherboard. The second one is my graphics card fan. The graphic card I have is a ASUS ROG Strix Raedeon RX 5700 Overclocked Triple Fan. My motherboard is a PRIME X470-Pro AM4 ATX AMD. My power supply is a EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX. Please help, I don't know where to connect these two fans.
Rt 5700 have small connector for plug in for power supplay.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2019
Rt 5700 have small connector for plug in for power supplay.

It is a 3 pin connector, and all the cables from my power supply don't allow me to connect it. I've been reading and supposedly you can connect your gpu fan cable to your gpu? I've also been reading that I might need a Molex adapter?

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
It is a 3 pin connector, and all the cables from my power supply don't allow me to connect it. I've been reading and supposedly you can connect your gpu fan cable to your gpu? I've also been reading that I might need a Molex adapter?
Can you photo gpu and draw full name of it?

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
I don't think any GPU have cables for fan to the motherboard... Usually, GPU fan is plugged on the GPU's PCB itself. you just need to slot the GPU into a PCIe slot, then put the 8 pin power connector to the GPU, and done.

also, what case do you own? you can slot a 3 pin fan header to 4 pin fan header in your motherboard and it will run, but note that it will not have a PWM feature since it's a 3 pin.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Tell me a name from your GPU

Oct 15, 2019
Can you photo
I can’t
I don't think any GPU have cables for fan to the motherboard... Usually, GPU fan is plugged on the GPU's PCB itself. you just need to slot the GPU into a PCIe slot, then put the 8 pin power connector to the GPU, and done.

also, what case do you own? you can slot a 3 pin fan header to 4 pin fan header in your motherboard and it will run, but note that it will not have a PWM feature since it's a 3 pin.
I have a NZXT H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower.

Oct 15, 2019

I am just still having trouble with the GPU fan cable. I'm sorry for being such a noobie ):

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
I am just still having trouble with the GPU fan cable. I'm sorry for being such a noobie ):
Find fan power connector on the gpu board.
f56f1a79580a59fa33883af891ec07d2.jpg

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
No. the fan header on GPU board should've put together at the start by the company. don't take your GPU apart as that may null your warranty. If ASUS by any chance forget to plug it in, then RMA it.
Only plug original gpu fan cable in original power connector on gpu board.