Question Where do I connect the 4 pin ATX connector in the 8 pin?

Aug 7, 2020
I'm currently building a budget PC with a Gigabyte a320m h motherboard with a 3400G CPU and my PSU only has a 4 pin ATX connector. I've been reading in the forums that the 4 pin connector can be plugged in the 8 pin one but do not know where to connect it. Please note that nothing about the 4 pin connection has been given in the motherboard manual.

Lutfij

Titan
The connector you're looking at from the PSU end should have a notch/key that will only go into a specific pattern on the motherbaord. Also, if your board has an 8pin EPS input and your PSU only has a 4pin EPS, you're likely using the wrong PSU for the job.

Might it be possible to list your specs? Include the make and model of your PSU as well.

Reactions: runtimeterror
Aug 7, 2020
The connector you're looking at from the PSU end should have a notch/key that will only go into a specific pattern on the motherbaord. Also, if your board has an 8pin EPS input and your PSU only has a 4pin EPS, you're likely using the wrong PSU for the job.

Might it be possible to list your specs? Include the make and model of your PSU as well.
I'm currently using circle 400W CH698 PSU. Full specs- 2 sticks of 8 GB XPG 3000 mhz RAM, 3400G CPU, Gigabyte a320m H motherboard. All the 4 pin to 8 pin adapters near my place cost more than my PSU itself. Please keep in mind that this is a budget build so I don't wanna be spending over 1.3k INR on the PSU.

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
I'm currently using circle 400W CH698 PSU. Full specs- 2 sticks of 8 GB XPG 3000 mhz RAM, 3400G CPU, Gigabyte a320m H motherboard. All the 4 pin to 8 pin adapters near my place cost more than my PSU itself. Please keep in mind that this is a budget build so I don't wanna be spending over 1.3k INR on the PSU.
I have a 2400G, and after one year of use, I am telling you you'll regret it. Circle makes plain bad power supplies. Get at least a VS450. Its going for 4K INR due to the Amazon prime day sale.

You can use 4pin+molex to 8pin eps adapter.

51fy0VV098L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

muftiazan

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
I have a similar build with the A320M-H and Ryzen 3500 and also the same RAM because it's cheap :p
I bought a cheap Zebronics PSU 450W which only has a 4-pin connector, I want to know how you proceeded with the problem of having just a 4-pin connector.

You can use 4pin+molex to 8pin eps adapter.

51fy0VV098L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
I have been unable to find this in India and it seems to me that these will be expensive and unreliable due to all the things I've been hearing about the IDE molex connector causing heat.