Where do I get my DSL Router username and password

check the manual for the default user name and password.

some ISP don't want you to access the router and have the wireless password printer on the button or they are using you DSL phone number.

or contact your ISP to help you

timatlightbox

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hello,

Hope this is of help to someone:

I have a silly D-Link DSL-G604T ADSL router and wanted to find the username/password so I can use a different router. My issue is that the persons DSL account is over seas and ISP won't talk to me lol.

So I tried things like downloading the configuration file which the router provides for doing backup of your settings etc, that was no use, it was a binary file and I opened it in Hex viewers but it was still gibberish. Possibly it was encrypted?

The password is in the password field when viewing the WAN settings on the web interface so surely I can get it right??

I tried to view the password HTML element's source with Firefox's 'Firebug' and Google Chrome's 'Inspect element options' to no avail as the password is in the field but it won't allow you to for security as you would hope.. But you can submit the page as if to save your settings and that sends the form fields via a post to the router, sweet!

I submitted the form (with no changes) then used Firebug (in Firefox) to look at the headers of each post request after I submitted the page and sure enough there is the password! I needed to inspect about 5 different post requests to find the right one with the password & other fields.

So there you go, theres always a way :)

It worked and I am online with the new router!