Where do I plug case fans into?!

xXHackzXxGaming

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
I have a Corsair 450d, a Gigabyte 970A-D3P, a corsair H90, and a cs750m psu. I've connected the Pump to PWR FAN, the radiator fan to the CPU FAN, and the rear 120mm fan to the SYS FAN 2, but where do I connect the front two fans? They are both 3 pin connections, but I have 1 4 pin fan slot?!
Also, what is a molex connector, cause the psu came with tons, but I dunno where they are meant to go.

Solution
You have two options:

First use y splitter cable for fans. Connect two fans on this cable and then connect its single end on that remaining 4 pin slot. 4 pin headers are compatible with 3 pin cables.

Second You can use molex connector. It's one end is for fan cable header and the other is the standard 4 pin power connector to be connected with PSU's 4 pin connector.
You have two options:

First use y splitter cable for fans. Connect two fans on this cable and then connect its single end on that remaining 4 pin slot. 4 pin headers are compatible with 3 pin cables.

Second You can use molex connector. It's one end is for fan cable header and the other is the standard 4 pin power connector to be connected with PSU's 4 pin connector.

Solution

xXHackzXxGaming

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

Thanks EasyLover, ill have to see how it goes tomorrow.

Check the pics of both solutions:

MolexConn1_zps3274b3e1.jpg

MolexConn2_zps3a7dc6e1.jpg

YFanSplitterCable_zpsbabe1ebe.jpg