Where do i plug in power led and power sw

wudupmiles

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
i think im finally going to have my desktop up and running today

but....there are cables i still dont know where to plug in

some of them have no holes for the prongs so im hoping that will help me determine where to plug them into the motherboard

im really not sure where these power sw and power led cables need to be placed, though

11451914.jpg

those are the 3 other cables i dont know where they go. the one on the far right says usb, the other two are unmarked

thats a total of 5 cables that have me scratching my head

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
It would help to know what motherboard and case you have to give specific instructions. The one labeled USB goes to the onboard USB sockets. Be careful. If your case and MB have Firewire connectors, keep in mind that they are keyed the same as USB and mixing them up can damage the motherboard. The narrow connector looks like audio. Many cases include both HD audio and legacy audio. Modern MB's use HD audio, so if the HD is already connected, then the legacy connector does not get used. Just tuck it out of the way.

wudupmiles

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
yeah the motherboard is:

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

the case is an old gateway is an old gt5404

i just hope the asus manual is better than the biostar one. for the price difference it should be.

TRENDING THREADS