Where do I plug my AIO cooler wires into

Jun 8, 2018
I have a Corsair h100iv2

I’m not sure what I should do. I have a w pump port, cpu fan, cpu opt fan,

The cords I have on this pump are the actually block cord for the water pump and 2 4 pin fan. Wondering where I should plug these in. The Corsair manual for it confused me and wasn’t specific on where to plug the fans into. I also have a fan hub in the back of case. I would generally like my cpu fans to be able to be adjusted. Thanks

These closed loop CPU water coolers are designed to run on a regular 4-pin PWM motherboard fan header. Unless it says that it requires a header with more amps, I would plug the into the CPU fan header and the fan into the CPU auxiliary fan. But in truth it doesn't matter that much, and you can plug the pump into the water pump header (you would probably need an extension though).

Reactions: Asuma

lancerzero9

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I believe Corsair would like you to plug the 2 4pin connecters to the cpu header with a splitter which most coolers come with that require 2 fans. If you don't have a splitter plug one 4pin into the cpu header and the other into the cpu_opt header. Then you should just control the fans from the bios or download a program that lets you control the speed from windows.

And plug the pump into any header with the word pump on it for simplicity. It actually won't matter though. Its all 12 volts. You just want it to be simple to tell what is what in the bios.

Many of those fan control applications allow you to rename the particular motherboard fan header (so that is is easy and convenient to you). The CPU Fan headers are placed near the CPU. The Water Pump header is often on the opposite side of the motherboard (close to where the custom loop water pumps would be located inside the case).