[SOLVED] Where do I plug my CPU fan and my PWM hub?

Jan 6, 2022
I just got a new case with some fans that have a PWM hub and I don't know which spot to plug them into my mother board, please help and thanks in advance.

the motherboard I have is a
ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
the case I have is a
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass ATX Full Tower Case
the CPU fan I have is a
Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler

Solution
I just got a new case with some fans that have a PWM hub and I don't know which spot to plug them into my mother board, please help and thanks in advance.

the case I have is a
the CPU fan I have is a
You plug the CPU fan into the CPU fan header and the PWM hub sensor into any of the other 4 pin system fan headers.

EDIT yours are labeled a bit different CPU fan into the CPU fan 1 header right above the processor, hub sensor any of the CHA fan/WP headers.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

the case I have is a
the CPU fan I have is a
You plug the CPU fan into the CPU fan header and the PWM hub sensor into any of the other 4 pin system fan headers.

EDIT yours are labeled a bit different CPU fan into the CPU fan 1 header right above the processor, hub sensor any of the CHA fan/WP headers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesus_Is_Risen
Solution
Jan 6, 2022

List the fans and hub if you still don't understand.
you have 2 of them at the bottom of the board near the center. CHA fan2/WP and CHA fan3/WP

the fans and hubs come with the case and I plugged in the PWM hub into the ChA fan2 and when I hit the start button the CPU fan will very briefly turn on and then off and the GPU fans will stay on and after about 30s and then everything will power off for about 10s and then the process will repeat and the whole time the case fans never turn on

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
the fans and hubs come with the case and I plugged in the PWM hub into the ChA fan2 and when I hit the start button the CPU fan will very briefly turn on and then off and the GPU fans will stay on and after about 30s and then everything will power off for about 10s and then the process will repeat and the whole time the case fans never turn on
You have the CPU fan plugged into the header I told you to?

It should run all the time.

Post a link to the fans and hub you bought!

Jan 6, 2022
You have the CPU fan plugged into the header I told you to?

It should run all the time.

Post a link to the fans and hub you bought!
yes I have the CPU fan plugged into the header you told me, and I did not buy the fans and hub separately they came in the box with the case, here is the link for the case that shows the specifications Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass (phanteksusa.com)
there are 2 140mm fans one in the back and one in the front