[SOLVED] Where do I plug the CPU pump to my motherboard ?

Aug 1, 2022
Hi,

recently I just build A PC with a MSI H510M PRO motherboard, and I want to buy a AIO cooler for better cooling,
but before I buy the AIO I'm a bit confused with where do I plug the CPU pump because my motherboard didn't have a pump_fan or cpu/pump_fan, only cpu _fan & sys_fan,
can I plug the cpu pump to the cpu _fan?

Solution
You're working with an entry level, budget friendly build. Keep that train of thought going along, by sticking to the stock cooler or investing in a cheap air cooler, maybe some case fans(but the included fans are good as is).

FYI, the perforations on the top of the case don't help much in airflow if you have fans set to exhaust or intake on the top part of the case. I'd leave that spot blank.

Simple answer, don't waste your money on an AIO, the processor doesn't need it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of an AIO are you looking at? Also, might want to list the specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

in order for us to understand whether you're at all in need of an AIO. Often times a badly design case with impeded airflow can affect your temps for components negatively, introducing an AIO or a better air cooler won't overcome the fact that the case is devoid of fresh, cooler ambient air.

Then is the matter about using an AIO when a stock cooler can cool a processor fine or if you stepped it up a little, an aftermarket entry level air cooler.

Aug 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of an AIO are you looking at? Also, might want to list the specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

in order for us to understand whether you're at all in need of an AIO. Often times a badly design case with impeded airflow can affect your temps for components negatively, introducing an AIO or a better air cooler won't overcome the fact that the case is devoid of fresh, cooler ambient air.

Then is the matter about using an AIO when a stock cooler can cool a processor fine or if you stepped it up a little, an aftermarket entry level air cooler.
Apologize for the unclear question, here is my spec, its not much but this is my first PC I build myself
CPU: Intel Core I3 10105f
Motherboard: MSI H510M PRO
Ram: PNY 8GB
SSD/HDD: 128gb SSD + 2tb Seagate HDD
GPU: Galax GTX 1650 GDDR6
PSU: Aerocool Lux 550w
Chassis: Aerocool Trinity mini V2
Monitor: HP 24MH

my case have a good airflow I believe because of the mesh design and I wanted to buy something like 1stplayer MT240 mothra to fill the top fan

Lutfij

Titan
You're working with an entry level, budget friendly build. Keep that train of thought going along, by sticking to the stock cooler or investing in a cheap air cooler, maybe some case fans(but the included fans are good as is).

FYI, the perforations on the top of the case don't help much in airflow if you have fans set to exhaust or intake on the top part of the case. I'd leave that spot blank.

Solution
Aug 1, 2022

thank you so much for your answer, yes, maybe I'll just going to buy that cheap air cooler instead of wasting money on the AIO cooler

TRENDING THREADS