[SOLVED] Where do these front panel connectors go? Asus B450-Plus motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludo_Down

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
New Asus Prime B450-Plus mobo has absolutely no guide to the front panel system connector pins in the manual or elsewhere. Tried every combination that made sense to me and still no power on. My chassis only had power led (+/-), HDD led (+/-), and power switch connector pins.

Ludo_Down

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
Thanks for this, for anyone looking for this guide it is the one on page 1-11 for this particular motherboard. Unfortunately this wasn't my problem. RIP my build. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Furzumz

Reputable
Thanks for this, for anyone looking for this guide it is the one on page 1-11 for this particular motherboard. Unfortunately this wasn't my problem. RIP my build. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Taking a shot in the dark here but if you haven't already, check to make sure the power switch on the back of the power supply is turned to the on position. I left a few of those off before and it took me a good couple hours to figure it out

Ludo_Down

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
That's a good thought, I have done that before, too. But no, sadly this problem began while my computer was in use and had been a recurring nightmare for a long time. If you're curious about the issue it is summarized in my latest thread before this one. The new motherboard was a last ditch attempt to at least get the thing working long enough to back some things onto an external drive before trashing the build and starting over. The previous time the computer was this dead it was a new motherboard that solved the issue, but not this time. 😓 Thanks for your response, I really needed to make sure it wasn't just some silly thing I was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.