[SOLVED] Where do these plugs go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2020
I am having an issue with this PC not detecting the hard drive. I am wondering if this is part of the problem. I opened the case and these two cables aren't plugged in. I'm not sure if the black one was ever plugged into anything. But it looks like the white one might have become disconnected. Is the white one supposed to be plugged into the 4 pin connection just above it in the picture (which says "Power")? This is the back of the Disc Drive and the HDD is below it. They share the cable and the other white plug in the picture is plugged into the HDD. Thanks for looking.
Wheredoesitgo.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
That loose power and data cable (IDE) are for the CDROM drive. For some reason it's been disconnected. That will not cause the hard drive on a SATA connection to be not detected. Have you tried a different SATA cable (they're cheap and do fail) and SATA port on the motherboard? There's always the possibility that the drive has simply failed as well.
That loose power and data cable (IDE) are for the CDROM drive. For some reason it's been disconnected. That will not cause the hard drive on a SATA connection to be not detected. Have you tried a different SATA cable (they're cheap and do fail) and SATA port on the motherboard? There's always the possibility that the drive has simply failed as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS