where do you have your radiator?

kyleawesome

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Well, I've broken down, I'm going to go water-cooled. I've been looking into it and I'm probably going to get a PA120.2 or PA120.3. (With a storm block, dont know what pump yet, some 5.25in bay style res, 1/2in tubing)
The thing is, I've seen alot of people mount their rad's inside their case's along the bottem, I personally think fixing it to my current single 120m rear fan opening would be best (because it'd be external to the heat wouldnt be transfered into my case)
My question to you guys is: Where is your rad? If its inside your case, how has it affected your internal temps? What about the general look of your case?
I want the cleanest lines possible, having a bag rad just sitting inside a case seems like it'd take away from the over-all look...

But I've never done this before, so I could be wrong...

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
If you want a neat looking water-cooled pc then internal water cooling kit is the solution. Aside of being neat it is also quiter since the niose from the radiator fan is isolated inside the case. But it's not the best in terms of cooling, because the ambient temperature inside the case is obviously warmer than the outside. Most external kit configuration is located in the back attached to the back case fan, but most pc are placed where there is little space between the pc and the wall so the ambient temperature in between is slightly higher. I find the radiator that is located on top or the side of the pc is a little cooler but not significant.

john_thor

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I think that would be a good place to put a rad. After all, the ambient air temp in your case will be lower because any water cooled components will now not be dumping heat to air inside the case ;)

You also have the advantage of not having to cut holes in your case if you can use existing 120mm holes.

TRENDING THREADS