Question Where find inverter for HP laptop screen

Sep 21, 2021
I have an HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx. Product # 1KT38UA#ABA. I am needing a screen inverter but have not been able to find one for my screen. The screen is B156Han04.1 and the stamped product number on the inverter is AUO 15B78-C01. I would really appreciate some help if you have a suggestion.

itsduhhbzz

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
I believe the reason you're having a problem finding that specific part is that it usually isn't serviced alone. That board is usually shipped and replaced with the LCD panel itself.

As a warranty repair technician for HP I have seen my fair share of screen swaps and that component is included whole with the LCD panel.

Sep 21, 2021
Thank you for your response. If I can find a place that sells the screen with inverter I would gladly purchase it. Unfortunately though that has not been my experience. All the screens that I have seen on multiple sites specifically say they do not come with controller boards/inverters and they picture them with just the two small empty brackets that the board is screwed to sticking out from the bottom of the screen with just the protective vinyl covering in between. I also cannot find the part on HP's parts website. If you have further information I welcome it.

itsduhhbzz

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
This is not an inverter. This is the screen controller and it is not detachable from the panel.

I believe you are correct in this, when I researched that part information the whole panel came up which is why I referred them to the Part Surfer index for HP.

I hope you were able to order the part and get this taken care of. Most screen replacements can be pretty simple with the right tools. If you have a spudger or guitar pick you can slide around the bezel to un snap it. some models bezels are specially glued to the display and would require ordering another bezel, but in my experience with HP & Dell, the bezels are usually plastic tabs that snap back to it if snapped back one by one carefully to not puncture or put too much pressure on the LCD. Lenovo usually has a stronger adhesive that you either need to use a heat gun or if you can reach the tab you are able to pull to take out the strips but that's for another issue.. sorry I rambled there.