Where gone 200 mhz???

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. Just interesting where gone 200 mhz speed from my cpu that should be 3900 mhz on turbo mode, but hwinfo, and msi afterburner shows only 3700 mhz when gaming, or on load. Temps are nice cpu and gpu holds around ~60 °c.

i7-3770
H77-G43
Gtx 1060 6 gb

Thanks.

Solution
All the versions available from the board manufacturer would not by themselves damage your CPU. That certain, some CPUs aren't compatible with certain boards until the OEM updates the available UEFI to support them. There can be issues on occasion from UEFI updates themselves, but your particular case seems specific. Regarding Windows 10, there really really isn't settings that would be all that different compared to older OS. CSM settings and UEFI installs of OS for HDD drives over 2.2TB to be bootable are a few perhaps. Speedstep, C1E options should be the same I think.
It is likely the amount of cores being utilized when the load is applied. The max rating of 3.9Ghz is likely on for single core loads. Games these days and just about everything else are going to use more than 1 thread. It would only be for very short bursts in varying loads you would see that 3.9Ghz for a second or two.

All the versions available from the board manufacturer would not by themselves damage your CPU. That certain, some CPUs aren't compatible with certain boards until the OEM updates the available UEFI to support them. There can be issues on occasion from UEFI updates themselves, but your particular case seems specific. Regarding Windows 10, there really really isn't settings that would be all that different compared to older OS. CSM settings and UEFI installs of OS for HDD drives over 2.2TB to be bootable are a few perhaps. Speedstep, C1E options should be the same I think.

Solution