Question Where I can find Waves MaxxAudio Application for my Dell Prebuilt?

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
I have a Dell OptiPlex 7080 MT, with Windows 11 (22H2) and Ubuntu 23.04 (dual-boot) installed. Previously, there was no bass in the sound output of the PC. However, after installing the driver update manually from Dell's site, the bass issue was fixed.

But, Windows wasn't able to detect the mic of my headset when I plugged it in. The sound was good though, just the headset mic didn't work.

And on Ubuntu, it detected my mic and worked perfectly. This seems like a driver issue with Windows. After researching, I started to think that I need the Waves MaxxAudio Application (not the driver), however, it is not compatible with OptiPlex 7080 according to Dell's site.

Is there any way to install Waves MaxxAudio on my PC or any other solution to fix the mic issue?

Lutfij

Titan
The audio drivers that come off the support site bespoke to the prebuilt you have will have the app that you're asking for bundled into the Audio drivers package. Use the Service Tag for your prebuilt to bring that bespoke page up, should be shown in the audio section lower down.

Install your drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
The audio drivers that come off the support site bespoke to the prebuilt you have will have the app that you're asking for bundled into the Audio drivers package. Use the Service Tag for your prebuilt to bring that bespoke page up, should be shown in the audio section lower down.

Install your drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I've done that, and as I said, the bass issue was fixed. However, I don't see any Waves MaxxAudio application. I searched for it in the search bar, but nothing. I see "Waves MaxxAudio Application" running in the background on task manager, and tried to run it again by going into the program location and opening it. But still, nothing happens.