Question Where I can get REALLY old versions of 3ds max or Autodesk Maya?

Feb 26, 2019
Hello,I have really low end PC(1GB ram,athlon x2 5000+ and Nvidia 6150se.I was looking for some 3d modelling/animation or VFX software.I dont plan to upgrade my PC because I dont have so much money to upgrade it.Thanks!I was looking for versions of Autodesk Maya and 3ds max from 2000 and 2001(early 2000s).

Lutfij

Titan
That's sadly going to be impossible to source without being hit by malware sources or if you happen to have a friend who had original installation discs to the App's you've mentioned.

Also, IMHO, you should really consider a build that might be more concurrent since that system will not help you out with any form of 3D modelling or animation duties.

Running the program is not the problem,I don't think a newer version has more requirements,the thing is that turning your model or doing anything will be terribly slow on your hardware and no matter how old the main program is this will not change.
1Gb of ram will just not hold enough data for 3d modeling,unless you are talking about very simple objects.

snowctrl

Distinguished
I was (professionally) using 3D Studio Max version 2 in 1999-2000, so that would be good version to look for if you really want software that old.

But seriously, spend even a small amount of money to buy a computer second hadn that is more up-to-date. And then learn Blender.

I don't know whether that old software will even run on any OS you should be using today - I would have been using Windows NT!!