[SOLVED] Where i have to install my water cooling pump?

Aug 6, 2019
I have a b450m aorus. And i have an id cooling auraflow x240 i have already installed the radiator fans were a normal air cooler header goes the thing is where i plug the pump header and the rgb header into? I have my b450 manual but still i dont know in which one i should install it. If anyone can help me. This is my first time installing a water cooler

Solution
The thing is that i dont have a cpu_opt nor i dont have any more psu power sata cables availible in my mobo i have 1 cpu fan header with the radiator fan header. 2 system fan that i dont know the usage. 1 cpu led strip and 1 rgb led stip header. My question is the pump i dont want to start my pc and miss the correct header and burn my cpu

You cant burn your CPU, there are safeties, the computer will shut off before that happens.

SATA power comes from the Power Supply not the Mobo. Unless you have a bunch of HDD/SSDs there should be a free SAT power cable or two.

If for whatever reason you don't have a free SATA power I would put the Pump on the CPU_Fan header (encase the pump fails the computer will detect 0 RPM, like a air...
Aug 6, 2019
The thing is that i dont have a cpu_opt nor i dont have any more psu power sata cables availible in my system i have 1 cpu fan header with the radiator fan header. 2 system fan that i dont know the usage. 1 cpu led strip and 1 rgb led stip header. My question is the pump i dont want to start my pc and miss the correct header and burn my cpu

The thing is that i dont have a cpu_opt nor i dont have any more psu power sata cables availible in my mobo i have 1 cpu fan header with the radiator fan header. 2 system fan that i dont know the usage. 1 cpu led strip and 1 rgb led stip header. My question is the pump i dont want to start my pc and miss the correct header and burn my cpu

You cant burn your CPU, there are safeties, the computer will shut off before that happens.

SATA power comes from the Power Supply not the Mobo. Unless you have a bunch of HDD/SSDs there should be a free SAT power cable or two.

If for whatever reason you don't have a free SATA power I would put the Pump on the CPU_Fan header (encase the pump fails the computer will detect 0 RPM, like a air cooler fan fail, and not turn on for safety) then use a splitter for your case fans on one of the Sys_fan headers and put the AIO fan splinter on the other.

you could also buy a fan hub, but those require SATA power as well. Fan headers are generally safe to split to two fans each. And remember your new Radiator fans will as as exhaust/intake fans, depending on how you place it for your case so you can do without one or two fans already in there

Solution
Aug 6, 2019
well i risk it and connected the pump in the last remaining system_fan2 and it worked but now i hear the radiator doing full power for one seconds and then slowering down to a normal level is that normal? i had to use only 3 of the 4 large screws since the 4 came defective and didnt have any other screw and since we are in quarintine we have no hardware store open in my city. is that normal that behaviour of the radiator? i took this screenshot

View: https://imgur.com/a/VSrsWjS

is this normal? now the values are a bit lower

well i risk it and connected the pump in the last remaining system_fan2 and it worked but now i hear the radiator doing full power for one seconds and then slowering down to a normal level is that normal? i had to use only 3 of the 4 large screws since the 4 came defective and didnt have any other screw and since we are in quarintine we have no hardware store open in my city. is that normal that behaviour of the radiator? i took this screenshot

View: https://imgur.com/a/VSrsWjS

is this normal? now the values are a bit lower

I would go into the BIOS and set whatever header you have the pump on to full all the time. The Radiator fans you can adjust to a comfortable noise level curve.