[SOLVED] Where is my Hard drive memory?

rupe_213

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
So i understand that when buying a laptop or any PC, you never get the full amount of storage advertised for the HD. But my mind is blown on this one. So i went into my storage, and it says in Apps and Features, there is 43.2 GB worth of stuff in there. So I go into the details of each program in there. Did the math (as it says the size right next to it) and I have Itunes taking up 1.85 GB, and all the other apps combined add up to 1,581.8883 MB, which is rooooughly 1.5818873 GB. So...where in the heck is the other 41 GB worth of stuff? My HD has 103 GB available (not including the pre-installed stuff) and after two weeks of having it, I have 11.7 GB available, and it's pretty maddening. Obviously there is storage on the HD in the other categories, but not as much is being utilized as in Apps and Features. Any help is very much appreciated!

I have also run disk cleanup/defragment multiple times to try and get rid of any temporary files, usually only cleans up a couple MB.

y3sIGD.png

rupe_213

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Unbelievable tool guys. Thank you so much, turns out I had a metric crap ton of mods for Skyrim left in my users folders, about 60 some Gigs worth. Those are the only things I knew what they were however so I didn't mess with any of the other files shown in the report. Once again, thank you so much.