Where is my HD Audio cable?

CarterH03

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
Power Supply - RM650i
Motherboard - MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
Case - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I have no idea where it is. In my case? Does it come with my power supply cables? What about my motherboard cables? I have been following a YouTube video to build my new gaming PC, and I am having trouble finding it.

Solution
Yes, that's the same thing as what I was describing above.

Your case's connector might look a bit different than his cases's connector, but that is the case audio connection. You can see specifically how to connect it on page 1-25 of your motherboard manual under the 'JAUD1: Front Panel Audio Connector'

Luminary

Admirable
Are you asking about the cable to connect your case audio ports so that you can plug hardware like headphones into the audio jack in front?

If so, those come with the case as small individually labeled 'pins' which attach with several other cables (like case LED and power buttons) to your motherboard header. Look at your motherboard manual for directions on where to plug in each pin to the header, it will go into very specific detail about which pin goes where.

CarterH03

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015

No, I'm talking about the cable that connects to your motherboard. In the video, the guy says "Now let's plug in the HD Audio."

Luminary

Admirable
Yes, that's the same thing as what I was describing above.

Your case's connector might look a bit different than his cases's connector, but that is the case audio connection. You can see specifically how to connect it on page 1-25 of your motherboard manual under the 'JAUD1: Front Panel Audio Connector'

Solution

CarterH03

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015

Thanks!!

TRENDING THREADS