power: mwe 750 bronze v2
hdd : 2tra wd blue
vga : saphire rx 580 8gb nitro +
cpu : i9 9900k
ram : 16 gb adata 2400

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The 9900k is default 2666MHz, but that's no biggie, Intels don't rely on ram speeds as much especially if the timings are decent, it'd be comparable to 2666MHz (ish). The gpu is good for 1080p, the cpu can output more fps than the gpu can handle, so it'll pretty much almost always be a gpu bound limit.

But in CSGO, the amount of times I got kicked for rediculously slow spawns on hdd vrs the second or third in with ssd made a world of difference to my gaming. And that's not to mention the 10-15 second map times vs 1 minute+ for Skyrim.

Fps is nice, but secondary to playability of the games and enjoyment of the pc in general.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. Those things are useless.

I have i7-3770K. Windows said was best, 7.9 score out of 8.0, perfect match for gtx970.

Day after the release of the i7-4770k, Windows score of 5.9. Warning said it was far too slow, would cause issues with gaming and I needed to upgrade to the faster cpu if I didn't want problems. The advertised upgrade wasn't actually the i7-4770k, but was infact a mobile processor for a laptop.

Nothing changed. Just 2 different days right next to each other. Same games, same hardware, nothing but a large amount of excrement spewed by Windows, Microsoft and Intel.

If you look around that page, I guarantee there's an advertisement somewhere telling you what you need to buy to get rid of bottleneck. The problem is that that's a paid for advertising, and has no idea what your personal pc is doing.

So what if the cpu can output 500fps in minecraft, and the gpu is able to get 300fps or more. You have a 60Hz 1080p monitor and can only get 60fps maximum.

Bottleneck calculators are garbage. Period.

Sep 27, 2020
No. Those things are useless.

I have i7-3770K. Windows said was best, 7.9 score out of 8.0, perfect match for gtx970.

Day after the release of the i7-4770k, Windows score of 5.9. Warning said it was far too slow, would cause issues with gaming and I needed to upgrade to the faster cpu if I didn't want problems. The advertised upgrade wasn't actually the i7-4770k, but was infact a mobile processor for a laptop.

Nothing changed. Just 2 different days right next to each other. Same games, same hardware, nothing but a large amount of excrement spewed by Windows, Microsoft and Intel.

If you look around that page, I guarantee there's an advertisement somewhere telling you what you need to buy to get rid of bottleneck. The problem is that that's a paid for advertising, and has no idea what your personal pc is doing.

So what if the cpu can output 500fps in minecraft, and the gpu is able to get 300fps or more. You have a 60Hz 1080p monitor and can only get 60fps maximum.

Bottleneck calculators are garbage. Period.

My previous cpu (i3 8100) goooood

It gave me the best frame rate in the game (60 fps) and no lag

but

I bought a new cpu (i9 9900k) and lagging in game and low fps (40 fps)
I'm really surprisedo_Oo_O bad bad bad

why ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 27, 2020
Some things are more GPU intensive, other things more CPU intensive.

What those numbers say is that your CPU is doing just fine, it is just loafing along.
My previous cpu (i3 8100) goooood

best frame rate in the game (60 fps) and no lag

but

I bought a new cpu (i9 9900k) and lagging in game and low fps (40 fps)
I'm really surprisedo_Oo_O bad bad bad

why ?????

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS