Question Where is the RGB header located on my motherboard?

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Everywhere I look it lists that there us 1 rgb header on my motherboard. First where is this located and 2nd what type of rgb header is it? Is it av5v 3pin header or a 12v 4pin header? I searched everywhere online and went through the manual about 20 times trying to find it. Nowhere in the manual do I see it listing 1 rgb header. But there are many web sites that list the specs of the motherboard and do list 1 rgb header but it doesn't say where it is or what type of rgb header it is 12v or 5v or how many pins. I been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to hook up these argb lights that are on my liquid cooling distro plate. I have had the plate installed for 3 months and never seen the lights on.

I have a Asus x299 mark 2 motherboard with a Channelz PC-O11 XL Single D5 Reservoir Distribution Plate with 5v argb lights. It's 5v with a 4pin female and 3 wire connection.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I can't believe such a expensive motherboard does not have a rgb header.

I don't disagree.
On the page I reference it mentions an add on card or module that connects to that header, and sold as a separate unit. I have absolutely ZERO idea that it has anything to do with RGB. It didn't offer a part number to reference for checking.

There are other ways to provide lighting...

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
i know its just kind of frustrating. i have a rather expensive motherboard that should have a simple option such as a rgb header either 5v or 12v but it has neither. i have found a rgb controller that i can connect to my motherboards usb 2.0 header so i can control the lights with software. its either that way or manual buttons or a rf remote to control the lights colors and effects.