Where is the stuff in the printer queue?

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

WinXPHomeSP1

When a document is in the printer queue, where is it?
I have a Cannon i250 set as the default printer if that's relevant.

At Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > open the Cannon, I see the
document. So where is it actually?

For background to the question, there are some sites that offer coupons
like
http://www.scottbrand.com/us/offers/coupon/index.asp *
You download a small app and run it. It prints a coupon and somehow
defeats repeating the process. How do they do that? And what's the
workaround?

*Yeah, I know. There must be a joke in here somewhere.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WinXPHomeSP1
>
> When a document is in the printer queue, where is it?

In the printer queue.

--
Kadaitcha Man: Registered Linux User #344402
Akhenaten: Registered Linux Machine #235500

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

- Nehmo -
> > WinXPHomeSP1
> >
> > When a document is in the printer queue, where is it?

- Kadaitcha Man -
> In the printer queue.

- Nehmo -
Where would that be located folder-wise?
How would I view the document?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You are a sad person, a very sad person.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

It loads an active X control. It sends some data to the Chief Common Sense Officer. It seems to raise a number and sends that. Have a look at the source code.
And the band played ....
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/14/1084289883713.html
"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:SfDsc.21003$zn.5299@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> WinXPHomeSP1
>
> When a document is in the printer queue, where is it?
> I have a Cannon i250 set as the default printer if that's relevant.
>
> At Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > open the Cannon, I see the
> document. So where is it actually?
>
> For background to the question, there are some sites that offer coupons
> like
> http://www.scottbrand.com/us/offers/coupon/index.asp *
> You download a small app and run it. It prints a coupon and somehow
> defeats repeating the process. How do they do that? And what's the
> workaround?
>

> *Yeah, I know. There must be a joke in here somewhere.
> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

- David Candy -
You are a sad person, a very sad person.

- Nehmo -
Yes, but it's a happy sad.

- David Candy -
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

- Nehmo -
in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS I have two files, one too small,
and the other is a .spl , shockwave flash object, one KB larger than the
print file,and it doesn't have the same name.

- David Candy -
It loads an active X control. It sends some data to the Chief Common
Sense Officer. It seems to raise a number and sends that. Have a look at
the source code.

- Nehmo -
How do I look at the source code of the Active X Control? Do you just
mean the source for the HTML page? I see that, but I don't understand
Javascript:

<!--
function submitCouponInfo() {
var url;
url =
('http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp'+'?o='+'3991'+'&c='+'RF'+'&p='+'v
nxibulnLoCEqZnKwPGpPnNrR[IZhFEU'+'&cpt='+'A65Hjb5f5qhd9ruOtk4jZkqcWDYGQ7
nzlQUe'+'&eb=1')
// url =
('http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp?o='+'3991'+'&p='+'vnxibulnLoCEqZn
KwPGpPnNrR[IZhFEU'+'&c='+'RF'+'&pt=true')

//alert(url);

location.replace(url);

return false;
}
//-->
</script>

In any case, I still don't know where a file in the print queue is.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yes you do. It will be in EMF format (a drawing of the page(s)) with a printing header.
The SHD is the data about the print job and the SPL is the data. Shockwave just happens to use the same extension. Open the file in notepad if you don't believe me. You'll need to terminate spoolsv to open the control file.

I'm glad cheap tissues make you "happy sad". I'm waiting for my free KYJelly Warming Lotion to arrive. Nestle (as they were known when I was young) only sent 2 x coffee satchel of 3 blends. Wasn't worth typing their web address. And that diet stuff .... I made one glass of putrid liquid and threw it.

Now with MS I've gotten tens of thousands of dollars of free stuff.
"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ANFsc.21018$zn.20635@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> - David Candy -
> You are a sad person, a very sad person.
>
> - Nehmo -
> Yes, but it's a happy sad.
>
> - David Candy -
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
>
> - Nehmo -
> in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS I have two files, one too small,
> and the other is a .spl , shockwave flash object, one KB larger than the
> print file,and it doesn't have the same name.
>
> - David Candy -
> It loads an active X control. It sends some data to the Chief Common
> Sense Officer. It seems to raise a number and sends that. Have a look at
> the source code.
>
> - Nehmo -
> How do I look at the source code of the Active X Control? Do you just
> mean the source for the HTML page? I see that, but I don't understand
> Javascript:

> <!--
> function submitCouponInfo() {
> var url;
> url =
> ('http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp'+'?o='+'3991'+'&c='+'RF'+'&p='+'v
> nxibulnLoCEqZnKwPGpPnNrR[IZhFEU'+'&cpt='+'A65Hjb5f5qhd9ruOtk4jZkqcWDYGQ7
> nzlQUe'+'&eb=1')
> // url =
> ('http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp?o='+'3991'+'&p='+'vnxibulnLoCEqZn
> KwPGpPnNrR[IZhFEU'+'&c='+'RF'+'&pt=true')
>
> //alert(url);
>
> location.replace(url);
>
> return false;
> }
> //-->
> </script>
>
> In any case, I still don't know where a file in the print queue is.
>

> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The source is meant to be difficult to read. Nor do we have docs on the ActiveX control so I have no idea why it does what it does as far as I followed it.

And the band played ....
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/14/1084289883713.html
"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ANFsc.21018$zn.20635@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> - David Candy -
> You are a sad person, a very sad person.
>
> - Nehmo -
> Yes, but it's a happy sad.
>
> - David Candy -
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
>
> - Nehmo -
> in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS I have two files, one too small,
> and the other is a .spl , shockwave flash object, one KB larger than the
> print file,and it doesn't have the same name.
>
> - David Candy -
> It loads an active X control. It sends some data to the Chief Common
> Sense Officer. It seems to raise a number and sends that. Have a look at
> the source code.
>
> - Nehmo -
> How do I look at the source code of the Active X Control? Do you just
> mean the source for the HTML page? I see that, but I don't understand
> Javascript:

> <!--
> function submitCouponInfo() {
> var url;
> url =
> ('http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp'+'?o='+'3991'+'&c='+'RF'+'&p='+'v
> nxibulnLoCEqZnKwPGpPnNrR[IZhFEU'+'&cpt='+'A65Hjb5f5qhd9ruOtk4jZkqcWDYGQ7
> nzlQUe'+'&eb=1')
> // url =
> ('http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp?o='+'3991'+'&p='+'vnxibulnLoCEqZn
> KwPGpPnNrR[IZhFEU'+'&c='+'RF'+'&pt=true')
>
> //alert(url);
>
> location.replace(url);
>
> return false;
> }
> //-->
> </script>
>
> In any case, I still don't know where a file in the print queue is.
>

> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

- David Candy -
Yes you do. It will be in EMF format (a drawing of the page(s)) with a
printing header.
The SHD is the data about the print job and the SPL is the data.
Shockwave just happens to use the same extension. Open the file in
notepad if you don't believe me. You'll need to terminate spoolsv to
open the control file.

- Nehmo -
Okay, I copied the two files, an SPL and an SHD, to another folder to
work with them. But how do I open them with a graphics program?
I tried changing the extension of the SPL to EMF but Paint Shop Pro 8
said it wasn't a valid EMF file. It wouldn't open in Win Fax Viewer
either. It seems like there should be a way of combining the two files
and then opening.

I also have PhotoShop CS, BTW.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Alan

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<SfDsc.21003$zn.5299@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>...
> WinXPHomeSP1
>
> When a document is in the printer queue, where is it?
> I have a Cannon i250 set as the default printer if that's relevant.
>
> At Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > open the Cannon, I see the
> document. So where is it actually?
>
> For background to the question, there are some sites that offer coupons
> like
> http://www.scottbrand.com/us/offers/coupon/index.asp *
> You download a small app and run it. It prints a coupon and somehow
> defeats repeating the process. How do they do that? And what's the
> workaround?

A few ideas:
Change your printer setting to "print to file". They you can copy the
resulting file to the printer as many times as you want.

In my laser printer I can use the panel to set it to print as many
copies of a page as I want. That should be something impossible for
the app to block.

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It's an EMF inside another file.

David Candy wrote:

> It's an EMF inside another file.

And time goes running by as Mr Candy witlessly pursues getting anything
other than "you can eat it" into Nehmo Sergheyev's head.