Where is UEFI on ASUS Mobo

overdrivemachines

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Im unable to find a way to boot into UEFI Mode. My computer seems to boot only in Legacy Mode. I don't see UEFI Mode boot options for my Hard Drive and DVD.
My setup:
AMD FX-6200
ASUS M5a97 LE R2.0
1TB Western Digital WD10EZEX
Samsung DVD Burner Model SH-224DB
HIS Radeon HD 7850
bios.jpg

wss_003

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
You have to boot from a drive...im not sure im understanding what your trying to do exactly uefi is just the integrated program that replaced bios what do you mean by you cant boot into uefi mode either your confused about what uefi is or i am still not able to understand what your asking the screen your ahowing is boot priority which is basically jist a list of options your pc will go through until it finds the files required to boot or start up and it is set correctly it will first look at your harddrive where your os is stored and second to your cd drive in case something were to happen to your hdd

overdrivemachines

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

Seems like you are unable to understand my question. The UEFI can boot in 2 ways: UEFI booting and CSM booting (Legacy BIOS Mode). The boot priorities in my image indicate that the devices are going to boot in Legacy BIOS mode only. First the Hard Drive will try to boot in Legacy BIOS mode, if nothing is found then the DVD drive will boot in Legacy BIOS mode. They are not booting in UEFI mode. If they were, there is supposed to be a badge saying UEFI. If I disable CSM booting, no boot devices are detected. My hard drive is initialized as GPT and I have Windows 7 installer disk in the DVD Drive.

TRENDING THREADS