[SOLVED] Where should I buy a Pre-Built system?

VisorVulpine

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Hello, dear peoples of the forum page! I come from far off lands, seeking guidance and knowledge from those superior to I!

I've been in the market for a new pc for awhile, something that can play games such as modded minecraft, G-Mod and portal 2, perhaps spec'd higher so I'm not limited to these titles. I also want it to be able to render sessions from blender and run photoshop efficiently.
I'm think of a system with 16Gb of ram, just because 8Gb didn't cut it on my last system, and I'd like to stick with Geforce cards as I've heard AMD cards aren't too friendly with minecraft shaders (But that may just be poor research, that point is up to change if I can get some reassurance on the change.)

Originally, I was using CyberPower to customise a prebuild, however spending a large sum of money has always caused me great anxiety. Really, I'm considering my options before jumping onto one.
I'm looking for a website as I would prefer to finance a system rather up front payment. £30-£35 a month is more tantalising than £1500 on day one for me.

Please, give me the answers I seek, O mystical ones!

Solution
Thank you for your answer

Yeah I know about their finance schemes. The problem that I'm having with them, which is probably should have put in the thread itself, is their reputation. I've heard and seen people order from CyberPower and complain about less than standard PSUs or poor build quality. That why I'm more anxious to go with them, as I don't want to pay for something that may be lack lustre in quality.
However, most of the evidence I find is from two years ago. I'm not sure if they're still like they were back then or if there has been a rise in quality. I can't find much to back up their present image, bar some vague reviews.

Cyberpower and ibuypower are the lower tier mass market builders, they usually put in lower...

VisorVulpine

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to pay for it all in one go - - - CyberPower have finance schemes too:

Yeah I know about their finance schemes. The problem that I'm having with them, which is probably should have put in the thread itself, is their reputation. I've heard and seen people order from CyberPower and complain about less than standard PSUs or poor build quality. That why I'm more anxious to go with them, as I don't want to pay for something that may be lack lustre in quality.
However, most of the evidence I find is from two years ago. I'm not sure if they're still like they were back then or if there has been a rise in quality. I can't find much to back up their present image, bar some vague reviews.

Cyberpower and ibuypower are the lower tier mass market builders, they usually put in lower quality parts. The issue is that the good builders are a lot more expensive. Falcon Northwest, Digital Storm, Origin, Puget are some of those higher end brands.

If you look at Cyberpower, make sure you select an upgrades power supply, their stock power supplies are not good but if you upgrade that during the parts selection you will avoid the main issue with them.

Solution
Hello, dear peoples of the forum page! I come from far off lands, seeking guidance and knowledge from those superior to I!

I've been in the market for a new pc for awhile, something that can play games such as modded minecraft, G-Mod and portal 2, perhaps spec'd higher so I'm not limited to these titles. I also want it to be able to render sessions from blender and run photoshop efficiently.
I'm think of a system with 16Gb of ram, just because 8Gb didn't cut it on my last system, and I'd like to stick with Geforce cards as I've heard AMD cards aren't too friendly with minecraft shaders (But that may just be poor research, that point is up to change if I can get some reassurance on the change.)

Originally, I was using CyberPower to customise a prebuild, however spending a large sum of money has always caused me great anxiety. Really, I'm considering my options before jumping onto one.
I'm looking for a website as I would prefer to finance a system rather up front payment. £30-£35 a month is more tantalising than £1500 on day one for me.

Please, give me the answers I seek, O mystical ones!
Hi. First, I NEVER recommend Cyberpower. I have seen far too many issues with them to keep me from ever recommending them. as for iBuyPower. I have dealt with them I bought an ASUS Laptop from then about a year ago. They DO NOT use second rate parts. There prices are in USD; but give you and idea of what to expect: https://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Computer/desktops