Where Should I Download Drivers From?

Sakib Ahmed

Reputable
Feb 17, 2017
Hello Guys, I'm here again with a crazy question. Where should I download graphics drivers from? I know it's a bit foolish to ask, but that's not the case. Later today, I found out my motherboard model, and searched it in intel official drivers website ( because my processor is intel ) and found out driver for my integrated graphics card, but it had old version than the official graphics card driver website, which I currently have. I know every one will choose the latest driver but why I'm asking is, what if the old version is perfectly compatible with my motherboard and processors etc. So what's you guys' advice???

My Specs are:
Processor : Intel Pentium D Cpu 2.80 ghz 2.80 ghz
Motherboard : Intel Desktop Motherboard D101GGC
Integrated Graphics Card : ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series.

## Thanks ##

Solution
you get drivers straight from AMD or the manufacturer's website. if it's a dell go to dell.com, hp then hp.com and so on. they'll have ones for the pc in question if they sell it.

otherwise just go to amd.com and them there.

an older version is not a big deal really if it does what you need. often the newer drivers bring in support for newer games and fixes and so on. that's usually why people tend to stay up to date. if you're having no issues, then don't bother and let windows update do it's thing when it gets new versions to send out.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you get drivers straight from AMD or the manufacturer's website. if it's a dell go to dell.com, hp then hp.com and so on. they'll have ones for the pc in question if they sell it.

otherwise just go to amd.com and them there.

an older version is not a big deal really if it does what you need. often the newer drivers bring in support for newer games and fixes and so on. that's usually why people tend to stay up to date. if you're having no issues, then don't bother and let windows update do it's thing when it gets new versions to send out.

Solution

t53186

Distinguished
Not everyone uses the most current driver, and the only reason to update a driver is if fixes a problem or provides more functionality.

Install the drivers from Intel, if they work as expected you can leave them. If you want to update the drivers to find out if they are better, load those and try them, you can always go back to an older version. You might even be able to read to release notes for newer drivers to determine if they will help.

AMD only has ATI Radeon Xpress 200 drivers for Windows Vista as the last Windows OS version officially supported.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

ATI_Radeon_Xpress_200_Driver_Download.jpg