Where should I install my Windows 10?

Sep 20, 2018
I want to upgrade my computer by getting a new SSD and have decided to go for the Samsung 970 EVO 500GB. Thing is that i already have two older SSD's with one of them Windows 10 installed. As a streamer I need to get those FPS higher up as well as the quality. For this to happen, should I install Windows 10 on the new SSD im upgrading to, or should i leave it on my older one?

Solution
If the new SSD is using the same interface as the older SSDs....it probably isn't going to be significantly faster and it might not be any faster.

In other words....if you are currently using a SATA interface....and you are going to stay on a SATA interface....I think there's a good chance you won't see any difference.

However if you were going to go to NVMe with the new drive you would see some difference.
If the new SSD is using the same interface as the older SSDs....it probably isn't going to be significantly faster and it might not be any faster.

In other words....if you are currently using a SATA interface....and you are going to stay on a SATA interface....I think there's a good chance you won't see any difference.

However if you were going to go to NVMe with the new drive you would see some difference.

Solution

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
Yeah, as jay said, you probably won't feel that big a difference. Maybe a little bit, but it won't be a lot. You can try installing it on the new one and just see what happens. But this is more a personal preference where you want Windows to be installed.