[SOLVED] Where should I place my front intake fan?

rx

Sep 20, 2018
I have 3 case fans, 2 outtakes and 1 intake, but my intake is directly behind my hard drive bay so the only things that are getting optimal cooling are my hard drives. So my question is, should I move the fan up one slot or should I be fine? When I place my hand in front of the hard drive bay I can barely feel any air coming through it, since the hard drives are taking all the air from the fan. Also, should I place 2 fans as my intake instead of 2 outtakes? My 120mm fan in the back does a pretty good job of pulling out air, I feel like my 140mm on the top isn't really doing much, I can't feel any air coming out from the top. I think that's mainly because how the Phantom 410 is designed, the top of the case doesn't allow fans to directly push air out, there's just this space above the main area, and I feel as if nothing is getting directly pushed out.

Solution
The hard drive bay could be restricting airflow. Some of those older case bays weren't designed well. I'd say you'll see better temps with the fan in the top front slot.
Better yet, add a second intake fan in the front.

USAFRet

Titan
Air, being a fluid, goes around the drive bay area. The hard drives aren't sucking up the air.

How is the temps of this system? I'll bet if you changed that fan to the spot above, you'd see zero temp difference on the components. Maybe the drive temps would increase a degree or two.

TRENDING THREADS