[SOLVED] Where should i plug in my monitor

Aug 19, 2019
I am currently using a tv to game on and using an hdmi cable to plug my tv in to my motherboard. Recently I've discovered that you don't take advantage of your gpu at all when plugging your display into the motherboard. But when I play games like fortnite I get up to 200 fps. But when I use Nvidia control panel to manually switch to integrated graphics my fps decreases dramatically. Does this mean I am utilizing my gpu even though my display is plugged in through the motherboard?

Solution
Could be, yes. Some motherboards let you change a setting that will port your dedicated graphics cards through to your motherboard's video output. The fact that you can switch to integrated graphics kinda says it all. The fact that you see your FPS drop after the switch proves your point.

If there's a free slot on your graphics card, try that and see what the differences are.
Could be, yes. Some motherboards let you change a setting that will port your dedicated graphics cards through to your motherboard's video output. The fact that you can switch to integrated graphics kinda says it all. The fact that you see your FPS drop after the switch proves your point.

If there's a free slot on your graphics card, try that and see what the differences are.

Solution