[SOLVED] Where to buy a fan head?

Hakoda

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Hello I had a big problem today cleaned my pc with an industrial air blower all went well till I got to the CPU fan at first all went well then I changed a bit direction and it broke the fans broke so what I'm asking is where can I get just the fan itself or fan with all cooling system. AMD Ryzen 7 2700x (Fan Orginal).

Solution
Any bad side effects if i use the broken fan but it can run smooth on 50% no gaming or updates tho.
The actual bad fan won't do any damage to your computer, only thermals and noise.
If it still keeps up with cooling (under 85C with any load is where you really want to be, even though up to 93C is "fine") and the noise doesn't bother you, it should be fine.
I'd still swap it out, atleast for an inexpensive Hyper 212 evo, should be like 25 euros or something.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You should be able to find a ready supply of "used" (or more specifically unused) Spires floating about. I think I would follow the advice above and consider it a good time for a cooler upgrade. Even a lowly Hyper212 is a bit better than the stock cooler and cheap to boot.

Reactions: Hakoda
That's quite a bit of change for a cooler.

You don't need that much.
If you perfer watercooling, since it looks better, a 140mm or 240mm AIO will do you nicely, and should cost probably around 80-100 euros (Don't know pricing in europe.)

But, personally I think you should go with a nice single tower cooler, like an NH-U12S. It also has a black edition now so it doesn't have to be beige and brown.

Hakoda

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
That's quite a bit of change for a cooler.

You don't need that much.
If you perfer watercooling, since it looks better, a 140mm or 240mm AIO will do you nicely, and should cost probably around 80-100 euros (Don't know pricing in europe.)

But, personally I think you should go with a nice single tower cooler, like an NH-U12S. It also has a black edition now so it doesn't have to be beige and brown.
Any bad side effects if i use the broken fan but it can run smooth on 50% no gaming or updates tho.

The actual bad fan won't do any damage to your computer, only thermals and noise.
If it still keeps up with cooling (under 85C with any load is where you really want to be, even though up to 93C is "fine") and the noise doesn't bother you, it should be fine.
I'd still swap it out, atleast for an inexpensive Hyper 212 evo, should be like 25 euros or something.

Solution