[SOLVED] Where to buy a good Gaming PRE-BUIILT PC?

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Hey folks,

Before clarifying what I am looking for I would just like to say that I am NOT looking to build my own PC or buy parts and have someone else build it for me, or anything along those lines, that is out of the question no matter the situation, so I am not looking for any suggestions on that or things like what you would've done if you were me in tearms of building your own etc.... even though I do agree that that would've been the right thing to do and I do agree that building your own is much better and cheaper and with the money im gonna spend on a pre-built i could've built 2-3 good pcs, but this is out of consideration in this thread.

Instead I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a TRUSTED place where I could get a decent Gaming PC cause I never thought I'd spend over a week trying to read reviews, trying to find a decent place, but still unable to pick which one to go with.

Im located in Canada, so I was really close to buy an alienware R8 i9 9700k with gtx 2080 from DELL and already submited the order going with the financing option (monthly payments) only then to find out that i'd end up paying $5100+ over a span of 4 years cause of the intereset etc for that one gaming pc, so i cancelled the order, no, thank you for such a rip off.

I then decided to go with iBUYPOWER and buy it from them online ( this is what i want https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gaming-RDY-BQIBG201 ), but then decided to read reviews about them https://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/ibuypower.html and got stunned. Some folks, not just on the reviews page, i've checked multiple places including youtube reviews, say that they sometimes send a pre-built pc with either missing or falling off parts and then you have to fix it yourself before use, and thats gonna be problematic, cause im not good with pcs and dont want to waste nerves, time trying to investigate on wtf happnened inside the box myself nor wait days/weeks for whoever is gonna repair it for me for extra cost, cause if i ship back to ibuypower ill lose even more money due to us vs ca exchange rate difference etc.

So, ibuypower is now on hold, but i might still take the chance and buy from them if i run out of options where else to get a decent pc, cause I do understand that its kinda normal to see lots of negative reviews cause normally, statistic wise, people who have no issues with their purchases would not always go and leave positive comments, its usually those with problems would leave comms preventing others from buying, so its possible my scare is unnecessary, but im sure its somewhat reasonable cause even if its 5 pcs out of 100 that come damaged to you, i could be one of those 5 people :)

I also checked pre-builts on newwegg https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=pre+bu...7&IsNodeId=1&name=Gaming Desktops&isdeptsrh=1 but not sure if its trusted to buy pre-builts from them either, but i know buying parts from them is what they are famous for.

I also checked walmart, best buy, but those dont really have systems i want and i do want i7 9700k with RTX grapics, preferably 2080, but they either dont have it or have it at a hiegher price then at ibuypower.

So, sorry for a lot of text, but thats pretty much my story, I've honestly always used pre-builts from HP, love the brand, not a single issue ever and can run any game at high, some ultra settings, currently using i7 6700 with gtx 1060 mini 6gb.
Honestly if id find HP pc i7 9700k with gtx 2080 pre-built at a price closer to ibuypower's id go with it without thinking, but i case hp's pre-built case are still too small to fit 2080 card or too expensive if its an omen or something.

Anyway, if someone has other options and TRUSTED places (links appreciated) where i could order online or what not then id appreciate. Its a risk anyway, i understand, any place can one day send you a fualty pieace of equipment, but i needed to ask anyway, maybe somone could suggest something aside from what i already found myself.. Or if somone could confirm that i should be okay buying this https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gaming-RDY-BQIBG201 from ibuypower cause thats the cheapest i found for a pre-built pc with rtx 2080 then ill go with it.

Thank you

I doubt anyone s gonna read the whol thing, jeez, so much to read, but i needed to say it all! :)

Solution
Honestly after working next to a Cyberpower warehouse and seeing what goes on in there, there's really no good prebuilts that I can recommend. The ones on Newegg from vendors like ABS are utter trash too as they probably come off the same assembly lines. and The Lenovos are decent options but there's no way in good conscious that I can recommend Alienware or Cyberpower. These machines are built on assembly lines and often contain extremely cheap, no name parts.

But from that original list if you must, maybe something like a Corsair One or MSI Trident X are decent options but even then they're way too overpriced for what you get, and have very limited upgrade options.

There's cheap and efficient builds from places like Dell, HP, etc...

Wolfshadw

Titan
There's a reason IBuyPower can charge less for a similar system than Dell/HP. They use the cheapest components they can get their hands on and they have less of an consumer image to maintain than Dell or HP.

In my honest opinion, If you cannot afford the cost of either the HP or Dell systems that you want, wait until you can. Don't make any compromises with this large of a purchase.

-Wolf sends

P.S. Yes, I read the whole thing

g-unit1111

Titan
Honestly after working next to a Cyberpower warehouse and seeing what goes on in there, there's really no good prebuilts that I can recommend. The ones on Newegg from vendors like ABS are utter trash too as they probably come off the same assembly lines. and The Lenovos are decent options but there's no way in good conscious that I can recommend Alienware or Cyberpower. These machines are built on assembly lines and often contain extremely cheap, no name parts.

But from that original list if you must, maybe something like a Corsair One or MSI Trident X are decent options but even then they're way too overpriced for what you get, and have very limited upgrade options.

There's cheap and efficient builds from places like Dell, HP, etc. And then there's the extremely high end builds from places like Puget, Falcon, Maingear, Origin, but you have to have a pretty hefty bank account before you pull the trigger on one of those machines. So really for prebuilts it's either decently priced bargain machine or an extremely high end break the bank machine, but there really isn't a middle ground unless you're willing to do the work and build it yourself.

Solution