Question Where to buy MB stand-off tools?

JorMan

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

(This probably isn't the best place to post it but this category fit the best).

So, I have parts in the mail coming. But my case didn't come with a stand-off tool. (My personal rig case came with one but then I lost it). I tried to use needle nose pliers but they didn't budge. So now I'm on a quest to find MB stand-off tools. Anybody know a place to buy them or strategies to unscrew them?

Thanks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I've never seen a specialized standoff tool. They're screwed in. If you can't remove them with the pliers, you're likely simply not getting enough leverage on it. Really, you just need a bog standard nut driver which you can get in every hardware store.

I'm a little confused by the rest of your question. Why are you trying to remove your standoffs?

Hi everyone,

(This probably isn't the best place to post it but this category fit the best).

So, I have parts in the mail coming. But my case didn't come with a stand-off tool. (My personal rig case came with one but then I lost it). I tried to use needle nose pliers but they didn't budge. So now I'm on a quest to find MB stand-off tools. Anybody know a place to buy them or strategies to unscrew them?

Thanks.
try either common pliers or a nut driver kit like this

it's very uncommon but possible it could be swaged in: of so, you have to just grab it hard with common plier and lever it out. but that's not advised until you know for a fact it's swaged in by looking at backside to see if there's no threaded shaft sticking through.