News Where to Buy Nvidia's GeForce RTX 4090

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
make sure you buy it immediately before it sells out forever!! :tearsofjoy:

i predict $1200 by next summer. performance is there, it's still way too freaking expensive. and no one wants to buy a new power supply AGAIN

Reactions: Kridian

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
this is one of my fav times when folks scramble day 1 to get something that will be readily available in a month.

but if you're that impatient i see plenty for sale at $2500+

come on you KNOW you NEED that extra 5 fps at 1080p over the 3090. JUST BUY IT!!!!!

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
this is one of my fav times when folks scramble day 1 to get something that will be readily available in a month.

come on you KNOW you NEED that extra 5 fps at 1080p over the 3090. JUST BUY IT!!!!!
Absolutely nobody should be buying this card for 1080p. For 4k, it's actually solid value for money.

Reactions: themajorgear

Giroro

Splendid
The scalpers have a much, much bigger bankroll to corner the market this time around. There are multiple scalping businesses that have leveraged the 'supply chain crisis' to grow from one immoral profiteer in a basement to a significant organized staff/warehouse and millions in revenue.
Gamer demand/sentiment towards the RTX 4090 seems to be low. The number of cards produced may also be very low, due to overstock on all the other unwanted last-gen GPUs.
I wouldn't be surprised if 95-99% of all cards shipped so far are just being passed back and forth between scalpers at increasing markups; with the majority of the remaining cards being sent to influencers along with piles of ad-buys "as payment for an honest review".

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
I am quite curious to see how the new AMD GPUs will do, once released (in about two weeks). Word on the street has it that the Radeon RX 7900 XT may have a clock speed of 3GHz and 100 teraflops of performance - which is more than what some RTX 4090 has (not accounting for overclocking this or that GPU). And GPUs based on Navi 31 may have support for PCIe 5.0.

Which doesn't mean that the new Nvidia GPUs will surely be beaten. But so far it sounds that in the worst case, the AMD GPUs won't be lagging far behind.

emike09

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
eBay is literally the only way for a consumer to buy a card at release, at massive price increases. Best Buy needs to do in-store purchases with a limit of (1) per customer. They can also do online orders, but limit their stock to say, 60% online, 40% in-store. It's insane that Micro Center is the only brick and mortar reseller that you can buy new hardware in-store, and Micro Center is tiny compared to Best Buy, and isn't available in most states or countries.

Ultimately, the entire system is designed to force the idea of rarity and cause consumers to want to buy the new hardware even more.

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Kinda wishing all the editors and youtubers out there would do us all a favor and simply refuse to cover any graphics cards that cost over $500. The 4090 is obscene. It is more a testament to the gullibility of the human race than anything else. Please make it go away!!!

Reactions: Kridian

3tank

Prominent
Jun 21, 2022
I remember buying an open-box asus 3080ti at Microcenter during the worst of the previous mess for a bloated $1,899 and having my ID copied and run, warnes I'm limited to 1 purchase/mo, etc

Seemed silly. Now i wouldnt mind it

Sep 30, 2022
I cannot believe scalpers get away with this <Mod Edit> year after year... clearly there is no actual supply issue just the few sweeping everything trying to make quick money off the rest of us..

I for one will not cave and make their business case worthwhile..

Last edited by a moderator:

PiranhaTech

Reputable
Mar 20, 2021
This and Intel Arc...

I cannot believe scalpers get away with this <Mod Edit> year after year... clearly there is no actual supply issue just the few sweeping everything trying to make quick money off the rest of us..

I for one will not cave and make their business case worthwhile..
This is making me wonder if Nvidia wanted to take advantage of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 6, 2022

LOL this post aged like old milk.

readily available LOLOL

what an idiot

themajorgear

Prominent
Dec 29, 2022

Over 2 months later, I can’t find one in stock except from scalpers.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i know it is shocking (to say the least) that Christmas time saw an increased demand for the new cards. i mean that has never happened before. but if coming here and whining helps you get through your day, then by all means, i'll happily check in, read your new whining posts and let you know i'm still VERY VERY much sympathetic to your inability to overspend on a gpu, you don't need.

i mean really, i haven't slept in weeks knowing you are out there suffering such indignities.

the only option you have left clearly is to drop some extra cash to the scalpers so you can get on enjoying your life. well at least until the next release where those cards will sell out right away as well.

but do stop in and whine a bit about how you JUST HAD TO overpay for an already way overpriced product.

i await your next update on how miserable you are with the most solemn of expectations.

I refuse to pay a dime more than MSRP or wait in line for hours or buy into a tech program to score a GPU. This lead to me not getting a chance at a 3090ti until just about 5 months ago. I knew that the new 4xxx was in the wings so I skipped it. Now the 4090 has been impossible to find I ended up getting a 4080 @ MSRP from BB. This should hold me over until I find a 4090 at MSRP or next gen launch.

EDIT: I lied. Canceled the 4080 order. Gonna wait for 4090 @ MSRP.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022
I refuse to pay a dime more than MSRP or wait in line for hours or buy into a tech program to score a GPU. This lead to me not getting a chance at a 3090ti until just about 5 months ago. I knew that the new 4xxx was in the wings so I skipped it. Now the 4090 has been impossible to find I ended up getting a 4080 @ MSRP from BB. This should hold me over until I find a 4090 at MSRP or next gen launch.
Yeah I'm trying to resist the urge to just grab a 4080. It's such a terrible value but at least it can be purchased at MSRP. I'm on a 2080ti and a 4090 would be a worthy upgrade. For now I'm still waiting, but I agree it's a mess.

themajorgear

Prominent
Dec 29, 2022
Yeah I'm trying to resist the urge to just grab a 4080. It's such a terrible value but at least it can be purchased at MSRP. I'm on a 2080ti and a 4090 would be a worthy upgrade. For now I'm still waiting, but I agree it's a mess.
Same. I pinned the 4090 Founder's Edition product page at my local best buy so that I can refresh it periodically. The RTX 3080 I purchased a few days ago can run my heavily modded Skyrim at native 5120x1440, but the fans are really loud when playing. It has 10Gb VRAM and sits around 9Gb usage. It's much better than the 3060 I had previously( actually I still have it ).

I'd really like to at least try the 4090 FE out to see if it can drive my UW display without ramping up fans. The additional VRAM would be a godsend as I use a bunch of 4k and higher resolution texture mods to make Skyrim look better. I also have physics mods that take advantage of CUDA cores, so Nvidia is preferred!

Kinda wishing all the editors and youtubers out there would do us all a favor and simply refuse to cover any graphics cards that cost over $500. The 4090 is obscene. It is more a testament to the gullibility of the human race than anything else. Please make it go away!!!
I know! It would be amazing if there was a $500 GPU that would drive my 4k OLED @ 120FPS with all the graphical goodies maxed out!

TRENDING THREADS