Where to buy windows 8?

MontyInHD

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
So I've just got done building my PC and I am ready to install windows, the only issue being that I have to idea where to get it.

I know I have to buy a product key, before installing windows, but the question I don't know where to get a product key.

So if anyone can send me a link to get windows 8, so that the product key will be emailed to me,
it'd be much obliged.

Solution

I think you dont even know what you are talking about .. These sites have many deals from many sellers and mostof them are fine , you can simply buy from their best sellers and be safe , i've never seen any piracy in it . And o f course you may not like them , there is many places you can buy things just mentioned one if my favorites

wicked_sticky

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
You can get it directly from Microsoft, it comes with the digital download and product key.
You can get the dvd and product key mailed to you if you want to wait for it to arrive its usually cheaper than directly from Microsoft

MontyInHD

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014

I've seen it on amazon for £44, shipped, but if I were to go with the MS website, how would I go about downloading it to a usb?

Could you also link me it?

-Thanks for any help

wicked_sticky

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
Im trying to find the link but for some reason only widows 10 code for sale.You can try searching in the UK MS sight, but your out of luck with the US version So you may be out of luck. BUT in anycase microsoft lets you download the iso free/make a usb installerfree (you just need the key to install).

directions and download here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

This should work to install any version of windows 8 you have a key for except interprise. But if you have to buy it form amazon, your better off using the dvd it comes with

EDIT: just looked it up, MS stopped selling windows 7 and 8 last october. your only choise for a new key is from and old unopened windows 8 from amazon or other store

MontyInHD

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014

Yeh, I've kinda given up and just gone with Windows 10 (from the MS store) to save time, so when I buy it it will come with a download and the key so that should save me some more time aswell.

Thanks for your time, its appreciated.

Vergilangleos

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014

Are you kidding ?
how you can say that ?!?!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It is "buyer beware" when using services like kinquin, G2a, etc. If the deal seems to good to be true, it usually is.

While not technically piracy, these sites certainly operate in a very grey area and, therefor, are not recommended by me or many other members of the Tom's Moderation Team.

Have a good day.

Vergilangleos

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014

I think you dont even know what you are talking about .. These sites have many deals from many sellers and mostof them are fine , you can simply buy from their best sellers and be safe , i've never seen any piracy in it . And o f course you may not like them , there is many places you can buy things just mentioned one if my favorites

Solution