Question where to connect aio fans in asus z390-f

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
i have a 360mm be quiet silent loop with 3 pure wings 2 fans attached to the rad, trouble is im not sure where to plug them in.
they came with a connector that joins all three to run into the same port.
i also have a be quiet pro 900 rev.2, that has a fan controller on the back of the motherboard mount.
i've plugged the pump into the pump slot on the mobo, and the fans into the controller, the controller is linked to the cha_2 port on the motherboard however in the bios, the fans only seem to be running at 900rpm when they're meant to be 1500rpm.

should i plug my aio fans into a different port? if so which one.

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
i have a 360mm be quiet silent loop with 3 pure wings 2 fans attached to the rad, trouble is im not sure where to plug them in.
they came with a connector that joins all three to run into the same port.
i also have a be quiet pro 900 rev.2, that has a fan controller on the back of the motherboard mount.
i've plugged the pump into the pump slot on the mobo, and the fans into the controller, the controller is linked to the cha_2 port on the motherboard however in the bios, the fans only seem to be running at 900rpm when they're meant to be 1500rpm.

should i plug my aio fans into a different port? if so which one.

Are you checking your RPM under load? If they are 4 pin fans, they spin up when your CPU gets warmer.

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
Are you checking your RPM under load? If they are 4 pin fans, they spin up when your CPU gets warmer.

in the bios, i set them all to pwm mode and altered the curve so they're at max speed at all times so they shouldn't be running slow.

but no, i havent checked under load, only in the bios so there wont be much load on it then.
i'll have a look when i get home tonight.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3x fans go to the 3way splitter, which goes to cpu_fan header. The pump goes to cpu_pump.

The fans themselves should be responding to cpu temps, the hotter the cpu, the faster the fans, so at idle they'll spin slow and under heavy loads they'll spin faster. They aren't supposed to run at max speed constantly. Which is why PWM generally has a 20% to 100% fan duty range.

The pump is different. It always needs 12v, that's max speed, or the coolant won't circulate fast and the cpu temp goes up.

Bios is over 50% loads on all cores, so consider it quite heavy.

The fan controller included with the 900 is for case fans, not cpu fans. That controller cable will attach to any sys_fan header and control the case fans speeds, raising or lowering rpm, according to case temperature, which with a heavy cpu load will be considerably different to cpu temps.

TRENDING THREADS