[SOLVED] Where to connect ASUS Q connector on motherboard?

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, I am currently trying to connect my Front panel connectors. The thing is, my motherboard came with a Q connector. I have a ASUS X470- Pro. The Q connector is plugged in where it’s supposed to, but it has nothing to get power from. Please help, I don’t know what to do!

Solution
So I just connect the Q connector by itself? and leave all the small 2 pin cables with the "SW Power" and "LED" and other stuff off? sorry i just really am confused. its my first time building a PC.
No, you plug Q connector in the header and connect all front panel wires to it. Next time you have to unplug front panel wires you just remove them together with Q Connector. You can even not use it if you don't want to.
Oct 15, 2019
It doesn't need any power, it's just a passive pass thru connector so you can detach all front plugs in one go.
Okay. So i connect all the LED cables onto the top of Q connector and then insert the Q connector onto the spot it goes to on the Motherboard. The thing is I don't know where to connect the other side of the cable of the LED cables.

Oct 15, 2019
It doesn't need any power, it's just a passive pass thru connector so you can detach all front plugs in one go.
So I just connect the Q connector by itself? and leave all the small 2 pin cables with the "SW Power" and "LED" and other stuff off? sorry i just really am confused. its my first time building a PC.

No, you plug Q connector in the header and connect all front panel wires to it. Next time you have to unplug front panel wires you just remove them together with Q Connector. You can even not use it if you don't want to.

Solution

Leinad11

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Actually the Q Connector works both ways... You plug your case wires into the Q connector off of the motherboard, then plug the wired up q connector into the motherboard... It is much easier to see the pins and labels on the q connector in hand and connect the wires to the connector first, than fiddling with the case wires and directly connecting them to the motherboard