Question Where to connect Fan and Pump motherboard connections ?

Nov 23, 2019
Hi all,
I use a CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler.
And i was wondering on which motherboard ports i should connect the pump and fan of this Liquid cooler?

Here are the possibilities :

CPU_FAN
CPU_OPT
SYS_FAN1
SYS_FAN2
SYS_FAN3_PUMP ( this port is way to far down on my motherboard to reach it with the pump cable)

Here is the manual for my motherboard -> https: //download.gigabyte...g-3wifi_1003_190613_e.pdf

Thnx!

on your manual page 7 - internal connectors:
1 x CPU fan header
1 x water cooling CPU fan header

page 15:
CPU_OPT (Water Cooling CPU Fan Header)
The fan header is 4-pin and possesses a foolproof insertion design. Most fan headers possess a foolproof insertion design. When connecting a fan cable, be sure to connect it in the correct orientation (the black connector wire is the ground wire). The speed control function requires the use of a fan with fan speed control design

its ok for aio kits

that system pump header is for custom water loops which have usualy pumps in corner

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
some pumps sometimes won't get enough energy from the mentioned header on some motherboards, but your io is small and the pump is not that big so should get enough energy from that connector

if it doesn't start pumping water, you can turn it off and try with another header, but is the one i would use, same for the cpu fan with the fan on that aio cooler

Nov 23, 2019
some pumps sometimes won't get enough energy from the mentioned header on some motherboards, but your io is small and the pump is not that big so should get enough energy from that connector

if it doesn't start pumping water, you can turn it off and try with another header, but is the one i would use, same for the cpu fan with the fan on that aio cooler

Wel it's using also a sata connection for power. So i guess i'm fine :)

Reactions: atljsf