[SOLVED] Where to find a jack for 7.1mm od x 5mm id coaxial power connector

PSWb

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
thewright.info
Our church elementary school has had a bunch of HP 2000 laptops which have taken quite a beating over the years. Most of the power supplies are still good, though. I would like to be able to repurpose the power supplies to other machines but the connector is an astoundingly large coazial connector. Apparently 7.1mm OD x 5mm ID with a center pin. For the life of me I can find no source of either the male connector or, what I really want, the female connector (jack?). I found a similar question about a Dell unit back in 2015 but the only answer link was dead. I know I could just cut the ends off and put a new connector on but this has become a bit of a quest for me.

D

Deleted member 1272431

Our church elementary school has had a bunch of HP 2000 laptops which have taken quite a beating over the years. Most of the power supplies are still good, though. I would like to be able to repurpose the power supplies to other machines but the connector is an astoundingly large coazial connector. Apparently 7.1mm OD x 5mm ID with a center pin. For the life of me I can find no source of either the male connector or, what I really want, the female connector (jack?). I found a similar question about a Dell unit back in 2015 but the only answer link was dead. I know I could just cut the ends off and put a new connector on but this has become a bit of a quest for me.

could you provide a picture?

PSWb

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
thewright.info
Apparently not a very good one. the one on the left is the typical (if there is such a thing) power connector. The one on the right is what I want to find a jack for. Ther is a short pin in the center.
7mm_coaxial_power.jpg

TRENDING THREADS