[SOLVED] Where to find cheap wifi cards in Australia.

HarrisonHo1209

Commendable
Apr 3, 2019
i just helped my friend in Australia build his first pc, while I live in Hong Kong. Neither I nor my friend are familiar with the Australian pc market, so neither of us know where to find the best deals for pc hardware.

That being said, I made a mistake by not asking him if he was going to use wifi or ethernet connection, since the place he currently lives only provides wifi connection and no ethernet. By the time we realized this, 90% of his parts had already arrived, one of them being a MSI b450m mortar max motherboard with no on-board wifi . Desperate to have any kind of internet connection so that he could install his steam library, my friend quickly chose the cheapest option that shipped the soonest, a TP link wireless N-nano USB stick from Amazon Au. At first I thought, if he's not streaming, then surely this cheapo USB wifi adaptor rated at 150Mbps would suffice, I couldn't have been more wrong. Even though I asked him to plug the USB wifi adaptor to his front panel USB connectors, his ping while playing Au league of legends would spike and even reach 3 digits.

Defeated, I went back and did some research. If he needed a more stable internet connection and bluetooth functionality for his ps4 controllers, I would have to get him something like an intel ax200. However that wifi card uses a M.2 A-E key format while his motherboard didn't have any of those. So the first option was to waste an M.2 slot and get a M.2 A-E key to M key adaptor for the ax200. But that would mean wasting one of the two M.2 slots and not all adaptors came with external PCIE antennae, even if they did, wiring the external antennae would be messy. The other option was to get a M.2 A-E key to PCIE adaptor and connecting the ax200 via PCIE x4. That would be the most reasonable in his case since he doesn't want to use an M.2 slot.

Now we arrive at the crux of our issue, where to find an intel ax200 and pcie adaptor for cheap. Since the options on Amazon Au aren't exactly cheap and other than amazon, we have no idea where the best deals are. Can anyone from Australia tell us where to start looking?

Last edited:
Solution