Where to find weather gadget for Windows 7.

rhandyrhoads

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Recently, I uninstalled my weather gadget because it wasn't working, planning to reinstall it. However Microsoft doesn't distribute gadgets anymore so I was wondering if anyone had a link to the same exact gadget that comes with Windows or one that functions the same and looks and acts the same. Also if it cant be the same it would be preferable that it supports any town since I live in a small town that isn't very close to any major cities.

threephi

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I'm looking for a good weather gadget for similar reasons, although my search is motivated by the fact that the "default" weather gadget suddenly started causing the entire Win 7 gadget sidebar to crash on load. Now the only way I can have any gadgets was by removing the weather gadget. So by all appearances the original MS weather gadget is non-functional and not coming back.

Kind of a crappy move on MS's part to suddenly withdraw all gadget support if you ask me.

sigrossman

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

I looked through a google search Windows 7 weather gadgets for about 10 items. Either they didn't download, or install when they did or when you tried to go to the site you got an MS message that they're not supporting gadgets any more. If you do find something please post it.

Microsoft does not support gadgets anymore. The only gadgets you can download are from third parties.

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I suggest you install the chrome browser and then you can access the chrome gadget / widget stereo easy in browser .. many weather widgets available just be searching store
Also if bored go here http://gadgetaustralia.com/

AxlMyk

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

A little bit of stealth advertizing eh?

Phloo

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

You got me! :) But seems that people appreciate it.