Where to get certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Hi everyone it's been a long time since I got any certs. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where you can get online certifications for anything tech related. such as Microsoft or A+

USAFRet

Titan
Hi everyone it's been a long time since I got any certs. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where you can get online certifications for anything tech related. such as Microsoft or A+
Certs are the result of passing a test.
Where, and who pays for that test, and the preliminary studying varies.

What, exactly, are you asking?

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
where people are learning what you need to know to pass the certification tests I know there are free and cheap resources out there I just haven't looked for them in 15 years or so. And being a technician I've seen a lot change over the years so I believe my certifications are far out dated to even be relevant anymore

beers

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 4, 2012
The CompTIA site lists out the criteria for the tests (as do other vendors like Cisco for CCNA etc), if you feel comfortable with all aspects of the listed content you might be ready for the test.

Also keep in mind that A+ is a decent stepping stone if you have nothing else, but it doesn't have a whole lot of value in the industry by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.